Jump to Recipe
Our Easy Turkey Zucchini Skillet is a one pot meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights! It is made with spices, tomatoes, zucchini and onion. This recipe is full of flavor, low carb, keto and gluten-free.
Easy Weeknight Meal
We love an easy one pot weeknight meal! This Easy Turkey Zucchini Skillet makes it easy to continue to eat a healthy diet. Even better, this is something that the whole family will love. It is full of flavor, has loads of veggies and the topping of a fresh avocado makes this a complete meal. This recipe is also great for meal prep as it reheats perfectly in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Black Soy Beans
To keep this recipe low carb, we use black soy beans. These can easily be found online or at most grocery stores! Although if you are not following a keto or low carb diet, you can substitute these for regular black beans.
We really think that the fresh avocado and lime juice completes this meal! You can serve this as is or serve or cauliflower rice bulk up the meal and keep it low carb. We like serving this dish with Tex-Mex shredded cheese. It makes the dish even easier to make. Feel free to use your favorite cheese such as Monterrey jack, cheddar, etc.
We like using ground turkey in this recipe. The lean protein pairs well with the zucchini and the freshness of the avocado. However, this dish will work well with just about any protein including:
- Ground Chicken
- Ground Beef
Just remember that changing the protein will change the nutrition information that I have below. If following a low carb or keto diet, keep in mind that tofu will increase the carb count as well!
Easy Keto Turkey Zucchini Skillet
- 1 Lb Ground Turkey
- 250 Grams Zucchini Quartered.
- 3/4 Cup Shredded Cheese Monetary Jack, Mozzarella, Cheddar Etc.
- 1/2 Cup Black Soy Beans Optional.
- 1/4 Cup Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 125 Grams Tomatoes Diced, About 2 Tomatoes.
- 50 Grams Yellow Onion Diced, About Half an Onion.
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil or Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced.
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- Fresh cilantro, avocado, lime juice Garnish.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add diced onion and sauté for 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add minced garlic and sauté for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the ground turkey to the skillet and use a spatula to break it apart. Once browned, stir in all of the seasoning.
- Stir in tomato paste and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
- Add black soy beans, tomatoes and diced zucchini. Sauté for 5-10 minutes until zucchini is tender and most of the liquid has reduced.
- When the skillet is done cooking, sprinkle on the shredded cheese.
- Serve with fresh avocado, cilantro and lime juice.
- 340 Calories
- 11g Carbohydrates
- 3.7g Fiber
- 20.3g Fat
- 31.5g Protein