There’s something about bubble tea that makes it so addicting! I miss it so much while following a keto/low carb diet. Lucky this Keto Brown Sugar Milk Tea has all of the flavor and none of the carbs! This recipe is easy to make and will satisfy your boba cravings.
Brown Sugar Milk Tea originally came from Taichung, Taiwan in 2017.It has quickly been gaining popularity all around the world since then.
Brown Sugar Syrup
The brown sugar syrup is the ultimate key for our Keto Brown Sugar Milk Tea! Luckily for us, Swerve makes a Brown Sugar Replacement. This has the texture and tastes exactly like the real thing. To make the brown sugar syrup, first let the chia seeds sit in boiling or hot water for about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add the Swerve Brown Sugar Replacement, 1/4 cup of water and soaked chia seeds. Bring to a boil and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes, until thickened. Note, if your syrup hasn’t thickened to your liking, you can add 1/8 tsp of xanthan gum.
Is There Tea in the Classic Brown Sugar Milk Tea?
Surprisingly no! Unlike other bubble tea flavors, this one only has milk, brown sugar and tapioca pearls. You can of course customize this to your own taste. You can add regular black tea or Earl Grey tea for a more interesting flavor.
Keto Brown Sugar Milk Tea
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Hot or Boiling Water
- 1/4 Cup Swerve Brown Sugar Replacement To Taste.
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Mix 1 tbsp of Chia Seeds with 1/4 cup of hot or boiling water. Let set for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the syrup. Heat a saucepan over medium heat and add the Swerve Brown Sugar Replacement, 1/4 cup of water and soaked chia seeds with water.
- Bring the syrup mixture to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes until thickened,
- Allow the syrup mixture to fully cool.
- Pour the mixture in a tall glass and turn the glass around so the syrup fully coats the glass.
- Add 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream to the glass and additional water if needed.
- Stir and enjoy!
- 273 Calories
- 6g Carbohydrates
- 5g Fiber
- 29g Fat
- 2g Protein
Let us know in the comments below if you’ve tried our Keto Brown Sugar Milk Tea! If you’re looking for more keto recipes, visit our recipe page.