Indian Keema is a ground meat curry made with either beef or mutton and peas. Sometimes potatoes are added into the curry (keema aloo) but for our keto version, we just stuck with the peas.
You can customize this bowl to your liking! We keep it simple by adding fresh low carb vegetables such as iceberg lettuce and cucumber. We top the bowl with fresh cilantro. If cilantro isn’t your thing, you can add fresh chives, red onion or parsley.
Here’s where you can completely change the flavor! In this bowl, we like to add a combination of sauces. Mint chutney with plain yogurt and sriracha mayo is our favorite combo.
We don’t have a recipe for mint chutney yet, but MDH is our favorite brand (see above image). It’s easy to find online or in most grocery stores.
Easy Indian Keema Keto Bowl
- 1 lbs Regular Ground Beef
- 25 Grams White Onion Diced.
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Peas
- 2 Large Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Neutral Oil
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Salt To Taste.
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Coriander
Sauce Options (We Use All of Them Together)
- Plain Yogurt
- Sriracha Mayo
- Mint Chutney
- 4 Cups Iceberg lettuce Shredded
- 120 Grams Mozzarella Cheese Shredded.
- 50 Grams Cucumber Diced.
- 50 Grams Fresh Tomato Optional.
- Red Onion Optional.
- Fresh Cilantro Optional, Garnish.
- Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- In a large skillet heat 1 tbsp of oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 3-5 minutes
- Add the ground beef, garam masala, turmeric, ground coriander, paprika, cumin, and salt. Mix well and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the diced tomato and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Add frozen peas and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Once the beef keema is done cooking, set aside.
- In 4 separate bowls, add the shredded lettuce, cucumber and Beef Keema.
- Top the bowls with the lime juice, shredded mozzarella cheese and fresh cilantro.
- When ready to eat, add your favorite sauces such as plain yogurt, sriracha mayo and mint chutney.
- 385 Calories
- 9.9g Carbohydrates
- 2.9g Fiber
- 24.8g Fat
- 32.5g Protein