This Easy Keto Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken is a super versatile recipe that takes minimal effort and is ready in less than an hour! 5 minutes prep is all that you need for this juicy shredded chicken that’s full of smoky flavor. Garnish this with some cilantro or fresh parsley and you can serve this with a simple salad or a side of guacamole. This absolutely tastes great with some melted shredded cheese on top!
This filling goes perfectly with my Low Carb Chicken Enchiladas (it’s also keto friendly!). It also keeps well in the fridge for up to 3-4 days making this recipe perfect for meal prep.
Easy Keto Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken
- Instant Pot
- 3 lbs Chicken Breast boneless
- 1 28 oz Can Diced Tomato
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 1 Lime juiced
- 1 tbsp Low Carb Soy Sauce I use Tahini Soy, can also use Amino Acids. See products below.
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth reduced sodium
- 100 grams White Onion diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 2 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- Add all of the ingredients to the Instant Pot and set to manual high pressure for 25 minutes. Note: If chicken breasts are on the smaller size, you may need to reduce the time to 15 minutes. For reference the ones I use are quite large from Costco (about 1 lb each).
- After the cooking is complete, turn the pressure valve to venting.
- The chicken should easily fall apart as soon as you pick it up and can be easily shredded with two forks.
- 158 Calories
- 7.5g Carbohydrates (this counts if you were to use all of the liquid. Carb count will be lower if you don't use much of the liquid as it contains higher carbs from the diced tomatoes. Carb count will also vary depending on the brand of canned diced tomatos)
- 1g Fiber
- 3g Fat
- 25.3g Protein
This easy keto instant pot Mexican shredded chicken is something that I often make for my family on a Sunday for meal prep. I use this shredded chicken in my Low Carb Enchiladas and I keep the remainder in the fridge for quick lunches. Here are some ways that I use the leftover chicken:
- Throw it in a quick Santa-Fe inspired salad.
- Quickly fry up with some sliced mixed bell peppers (be careful to watch the carb content, as the bell peppers can quickly add up!).
- Eat this on it’s own with a side of guacamole. You can also add salsa and sour cream.
I’d love to hear your thoughts on this recipe! Did you follow it exactly or make some changes? What would you pair with this delicious Mexican inspired shredded chicken?