These low carb chicken enchiladas are keto friendly, easy to make, and a definite crowd pleaser! You can make these with any type of shredded chicken or store-bought rotisserie chicken, but I highly recommend trying this with my Easy Keto Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken. To save time, you can make the shredded chicken the day before (it stores beautifully in the fridge for 3-4 days) and your enchiladas will be ready in less than hour!
For this recipe I use store bought enchilada sauce that is low in carbs. Feel free to use any low carb enchilada sauce or make your own. In the future, I hope to have my own homemade low carb enchilada sauce for this recipe.
Chicken: I almost always make this recipe with my Easy Keto Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken. However, if you don’t have much time you can shred store-bought rotisserie chicken, make your own shredded chicken or use diced chicken breast.
Low Carb Tortilla: For this recipe I use the La Tortilla Factory Large Whole Wheat Tortillas. These low carb tortillas are the easiest for me to find in my area. They are high in fiber which brings down the net carbs to 6 net carbs per wrap! See below for the full nutrition information.
Salsa: To make this recipe as easy as possible I use store bought salsa. I find salsas that have the lowest amount of carbs such as the Tostidos Salsa (1 net carb per serving) or the Mrs. Renfro’s Medium Salsa (1 net carb per serving). Use whatever salsa that you like that is low in carbs!
Enchilada Sauce: Of course again, I use store bought enchilada sauce that is low in carbs. I use the Frontera Red Chile Enchilada Sauce that has 1 net carb per serving. Again, use whatever enchilada sauce that you like that is low in carbs. In the future I hope to develop my own enchilada sauce for this recipe!
Pico De Gallo: In most supermarkets you can find fresh pico de gallo. The one available at my local grocery store is 1 net carb per serving. You can sprinkle this on top of the enchilada’s before you bake them or you can use this after the enchilada’s are cooked. I prefer to put this on after everything is cooked, in order to give the dish some freshness.
For the servings, I decided to split each tortilla in half to classify as 1 serving in order to keep the carbs lower (only 6.4 net carbs). This would be great to have with a side salad or a good size serving of guacamole (or both!). Of course, if you have enough carb allowance, eat a full enchilada!
The BEST Low Carb Chicken Enchiladas (Keto Friendly)
- 9 x 13" Baking Dish
- 6 La Tortilla Factory Large Whole Wheat Low Carb Tortillas
- 12 Tbsp Enchilada Sauce
- 1.5 lbs Cooked Chicken Breast Shredded or Diced.
- 3 Cups Shredded Cheese Divided; Can Use Cheddar, Monterey Jack, Marble, or Tex Mex Shredded Cheese.
- 1/2 Cup Black Beans Optional if not following a ketogenic diet.
- 1 Cup Salsa
- 3/4 Cup Pico De Gallo
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro or Parsley Garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- While oven is preheating, assemble the enchiladas.
- To assemble the enchiladas, lay out the tortillas and spread approx. 2 tablespoons of enchilada sauce onto each tortilla. Evenly distribute the chicken and 1.5 cups of cheese onto each tortilla. Roll up the tortillas and place onto the greased baking dish. *Here you can add the black beans if adding this non keto option*
- Top the tortillas with 1 cup of salsa and remainder of cheese (1.5 cups).
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and tortillas are crispy.
- Remove enchiladas from oven and top with fresh pico de gallo and cilantro (or parsley if you don't like cilantro).
- Serve warm with a side of sour cream or guacamole.
- 210 Calories
- 13.3g Carbohydrates
- 6.9g Fiber
- 9.6g Fat
- 27.6g Protein
- 236 Calories
- 18.2g Carbohydrates
- 8.1g Fiber
- 9.6g Fat
- 29.2g Protein
These low carb chicken enchiladas are a favorite easy weeknight dish at my house. In fact, this may even be my husbands favorite recipe (bonus that it’s so easy)! I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. Did you try this recipe? Did you follow it exact or did you change a few things?