Our Keto Coconut Shrimp Curry is an easy one pot meal. This delicious dairy-free curry is only 6.8g of net carbs, making this a perfect keto meal! You can make this recipe on a busy weeknight as it only takes 30 minutes to cook. Serve with cauliflower rice or a keto-friendly naan substitute. If you’re in Canada, we love using the Save-On Foods Keto Tortilla’s with our curries.
The key to making this dish is to marinate the shrimp at least 30 minutes prior to cooking. Marinate your peeled and deveined shrimp in fresh lime juice, minced garlic, whisked eggs, ginger paste, dried fenugreek, hot chili powder and fresh cilantro. Dried fenugreek can be found in most grocery stores, we like using MDH Kasoori Methi.
The curry comes together very quickly! While the shrimp is marinating, prep all of the ingredients. Combine the spices and chop the veggies. The curry consists of a variety of spices, canned coconut milk, fresh tomatoes, red onions and olive oil. Together this creates a thick and flavorful curry.
Keto Coconut Shrimp Curry
- 600 Grams Shrimp Peeled & Deveined.
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced.
- 2 Eggs Whisked.
- 1 Tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 Tsp Dried Fenugreek
- 1 Tsp Hot Chili Powder
- Salt To Taste.
- 1 Hanful of Fresh Cilantro
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 50 Grams Red Onion Diced. About Half an Onion.
- 200 Grams Tomatoes Diced. About 1-2 Tomatoes.
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1/2 Tsp Tumeric
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala
- Salt To Taste.
- Pepper To Taste.
- 1 Can Coconut Milk 400 ml.
- Cilantro Garnish.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the shrimp marinade. Allow shrimp to marinate for minimum 30 minutes.
- In a large deep skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Sauté shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side. Remove once cooked.
- In the same pan add the diced onion. Sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, cumin, tumeric, garam masala, salt and pepper. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add 1 can of coconut milk and simmer for 5-10 minutes to allow the flavors to combine.
- Add shrimp back into the curry and continue simmering for another 5 minutes to allow the shrimp to cook through.
- Serve with cauliflower rice or a keto-friendly wrap.