Our Keto Instant Pot Chili is quick, easy and is ready in under 1 hour! This recipe uses common ingredients but has layers of complex flavours. It is made with ground beef, optional keto black soy beans, good quality canned tomatoes and various spices. This recipe is the perfect cozy meal. Perfect for busy weeknights and meal prep!
Is Chili Keto?
Traditional Chili typically doesn’t fit within a keto diet because the beans are too high in carbs. In this keto recipe we use optional black soy beans. These keto-friendly beans are low in carbs and high in fiber. For a half cup, it contains 11 grams of carbohydrates and 6 grams of fiber.
In this Keto Instant Pot Chili we use 7 different spices. Together these create a rich and complex flavour. The use of unsweetened cocoa powder might seem a little bit unusual, but trust us! It offsets the acidity of the tomatoes and deepens the flavour of the chili. We like to make a big batch of our chili seasoning so that it’s even quicker to make this meal! If you’re doing this, use a 1/2 cup of the pre-mixed spices for 2 lbs of ground beef.
To get the best tasting chili, we recommend using good quality canned tomatoes. We recommend this, because some brands of canned diced tomatoes are more watery than others. In fact, we like to use whole peeled San Marzano Tomatoes or La Pavoncella Italian Peeled Tomatoes (grown and packed near naples for Italian Center Shop Ltd). If using whole peeled tomatoes, roughly chop them before adding them into the instant pot.
What to Serve with Keto Chili
A fresh dollop of sour cream, green onions, cheddar cheese and fresh avocado are perfect additions to chili! Together this makes a complete meal and we enjoy eating it as is.
How to Make Keto Instant Pot Chili
To make our Keto Instant Pot Chili you’ll first have to saute the ingredients.
- Select the “sauté” setting on your instant pot. Once hot add your oil and sauté the diced onion. Once translucent, add the minced garlic.
- Next, add the ground beef and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in all of the spices, diced canned tomatoes, canned jalapenos with liquid and optional black soy beans.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and lock into place. Select the bean/chili setting and cook for 35 minutes.
Keto Instant Pot Chili
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Lbs Ground Beef
- 1/2 Large Onion Diced, 100 Grams.
- 3 Garlic Cloves Minced.
- 1 28-oz Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 Can Black Soy Beans Optional. Drained and Rinsed.
- 1/2 Cup Canned Jalapeños Roughly Chopped, with Liquid.
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Ground Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Dried Oregano
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Medium Bay Leaf
- Turn your Instant Pot to Sauté, once hot add olive oil to the pot.
- Sauté the diced onion until translucent, 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add the ground beef and Worcestershire sauce. Break apart the ground beef with a spatula. Cook until browned.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, canned jalapenos, all of the spices and optional Black Soy Beans.
- Place and lock the lid on the Instant Pot. Select the Chili/Bean setting and cook for 35 minutes.
- Allow for a natural release or carefully manually release.
- Serve with sour cream, diced avocado, green onion and/or your choice of cheese.
- 443 Calories
- 14.4g Carbohydrates
- 7.1g Fiber
- 26.1g Fat
- 41g Protein