Jump to Recipe
Penne Alla Vodka is the perfect comfort food! For our Keto Penne Alla Vodka, I am using my family’s recipe. Luckily, It just happens to be keto – low carb and high in fat. In this blog post, we are including our favorite low carb pasta brands and some ideas if you don’t want to use low carb pasta.
We have a few different brands that we regularly use for our low carb pasta meals. For this recipe we used the Ciao Carb Proto Pasta – Penne. It has a more al dente texture which we find perfect for this dish. Each serving has 7g of net carbs and 30g of protein!
We also like to use edamame pasta or black bean pasta. There are a few different brands for these types of pasta. The edamame pasta from Liviva Organics has 5g of net carbs per serving. While the black bean spaghetti has 11g of net carbs per serving. Here in western Canada, you can find this pasta at most grocery stores including Superstore and Save-On-Foods.
(Roasted Chicken Thighs and Vegetables)
If low carb pasta isn’t your thing (I understand), there are other ways that you can use our keto vodka sauce! This sauce is great with roasted chicken thighs and your favorite veggies. Here we’ve used cherry tomatoes, onion, garlic, zucchini and peppers. Cauliflower will also be great here.
Keto Vodka Sauce (Easy 30 Minute Recipe)
- 1 28 Oz Can of Italian Crushed Tomatoes About 3.5 cups. Make sure the canned tomatoes are Italian seasoned, otherwise you'll need to add your own seasoning.
- 3.5 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 2-3 Oz Vodka
- 1/8-1/4 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves Thinly Sliced.
- Salt To Taste.
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add canned tomatoes, vodka, red pepper flakes, and salt (to taste).
- Bring the pot to a boil and simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in heavy whipping cream and simmer (do not boil). Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Serve with your favorite low carb pasta or favorite protein (such as oven baked chicken thighs).
- 247 Calories
- 4.7g Carbohydrates
- 1.5g Fiber
- 24.9g Fat
- 1g Protein
- 3456 Calories
- 66g Carbohydrates
- 21.2g Fiber
- 348.4g Fat
- 14.6g Protein
Let us know in the comments below if you’ve tried our Keto Penne Alla Vodka. If you’re looking for more keto recipes, visit our recipe page!