This Keto Eggplant Stuffed with Pasta is a classic Italian dish with a low carb twist. It’s an easy recipe to put together for a quick lunch or dinner. This recipe uses the eggplant shell as a vessel for the pasta and has the chopped eggplant mixed in with the pasta. With this recipe, we highly recommend using homemade tomato sauce for the best flavor.
To prep the eggplant, first score the eggplant into cubes (be careful not to break the exterior shell). This will make it easier to remove the eggplant after it comes out of the oven. Brush with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven 425°F for 20 minutes. Option, instead of baking the eggplant, you can fry the eggplant cubes in olive oil.
Low Carb Pasta
For this dish, you can use any low carb pasta that you like. We have chosen to use the Explore Cuisine Black Bean Spaghetti and the Explore Cuisine Edamame Spaghetti. Both pasta’s are between 6-8g Net Carb / Serving (56 grams).
Edamame pasta (left), black bean pasta (right)
Keto Melanzane Ripiena di Pasta (Eggplant Stuffed with Pasta)
- 1 Eggplant
- 1 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 100 Grams Low Carb Spaghetti Or any other low carb pasta.
- 60 Grams Cubed Mozzarella Or Smoked Cheese
- 30 Grams Parmigiano Reggiano For Grating
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt To Taste
- Pepper To Taste
- Pine Nuts Optional, about 1 tbsp, not included in nutrition information.
- Fresh Basil Optional garnish, to Taste.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut the eggplant lengthwise and score the eggplant into cubes.
- Brush 1 tbsp of olive oil over each eggplant. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the tomato sauce and boil the low carb pasta.
- Once the eggplant is done baking, remove from oven and scoop out the eggplant pulp. Making sure to keep the eggplant skin intact.
- Add the eggplant pulp to a mixing bowl along with, cubed mozzarella, tomato sauce and low carb pasta. Stir to combine.
- Fill the eggplant skin with the filling and top with grated parmigiano reggiano.
- Place the stuffed eggplant back into the oven for about 10 minutes until cheese has melted.
- 516 Calories
- 23g Carbohydrates
- 16g Fiber
- 26g Fat
- 39g Protein
Let us know in the comments below if you have tried our Keto Eggplant Stuffed with Pasta!