This salad is the perfect pairing of tangy and sweet flavors. For our Keto Summer Strawberry Salad, we make our own Poppy Seed Vinaigrette. This is as healthy salad that’s super easy to make (including the homemade dressing).
This salad really is quite versatile. You can switch up the ingredients depending on your tastes. We like to use baby spinach or romaine lettuce with this salad. Even a combination of both would work nicely here. Spinach is great to consume on a keto diet because its high in essential nutrients like calcium, iron, magnesium and potassium.
We love to use goat cheese for this salad. Even better if you can find blueberry or cranberry goat cheese! If goat cheese isn’t your thing, you can also use feta.
Poppy Seed Dressing
This dressing is the star of the show! It is sweet, tangy and easy to make. It has healthy fats from the olive oil and gut-friendly apple cider vinegar. You can find poppy seeds and any grocery or online here.
This salad is lovely on it’s own! However, if you’re wanting to make this a full meal, precooked chicken breast works nicely here. We often buy ours from the fridge section at the grocery store and keep it cold.
To add some texture to this salad we love to add pecans, walnuts or sliced almonds to this salad.
Keto Strawberry Summer Salad
- 1 Head Romain Lettuce or Spinach
- 250 Grams Sliced Strawberries
- 113 Grams Goat Cheese
- 60 Grams Pecans
- 30 Grams Sliced Red Onion
- Precooked Chicken Breast Optional.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
- 229 Calories
- 13.5g Carbohydrates
- 5.4g Fiber
- 16.8g Fat
- 8.5g Protein
Keto Poppy Seed Vinaigrette
- 1 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Sweetener Example. Swerve Granulated Sweetener, Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener or Erythritol
- 2 Tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
- Add all ingredients to a blender except for the olive oil and poppy seeds.
- Turn on the blender and slowly add in the olive oil to emulsify the dressing. This will take approx. 5-8 minutes.
- Once blended, stir in poppy seeds.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge.
- 167 Calories
- 0.5g Carbohydrates
- 0.4g Fiber
- 18.7g Fat
- 0.4g Protein
Let us know in the comments below if you’ve tried our Keto Strawberry Summer Salad. Don’t forget about the homemade poppy seed dressing too!
If you’re looking for more keto recipes. visit our recipe page!