Our Easy Keto Sushi Bake is with just like a California sushi roll! We make this easy keto casserole with seasoned cauliflower rice, imitation crab, Kewpie mayo and Sriracha. This recipe is easy to make and is great for meal prep!
What is Sushi Bake?
Sushi Bake is a deconstructed sushi roll that’s basically a casserole! This dish gained popularity during the COVID-19 lockdowns in 2020. The sushi bake trend was a great way for restaurants and entrepreneurs to offer take-home dishes during the lockdowns. Although a trend, it looks like this dish is here to stay! It’s versatile, easy and a great way for home cooks to get the sushi flavors.
How to Make Cauliflower Rice Taste Good
I know, I used to be one of those people that HATED cauliflower rice. I would roll my eyes when people would suggest it as a rice substitute. But here’s the thing, you just need to know HOW to prepare it. I always opt for frozen cauliflower rice as I find that the fresh bagged cauliflower rice at the grocery store spoils too quickly. Also who has time to make their own cauliflower rice.
Frozen cauliflower rice is best if steamed in the microwave first. Next (the most important step), you have to drain as much liquid as you can out of the cauliflower rice. This will give you the best texture. Finally you’ll want to season the cauliflower rice as much as you can. In this recipe I added dashi miso paste. This step is optional but remember, the more flavor added, the better! With the moisture gone and the extra seasoning most people end up loving cauli rice!
How to Serve Keto Sushi Bake
Sushi Bake tastes beside topped with fresh veg such as cucumber and avocado. To take things up another level, serve the sushi bake with Korean roasted seaweed snack. These can be found at almost any grocery store, including Costco!
Can I Make Sushi Bake with any Seafood?
Definitely! Our recipe uses imitation crab meat because that’s what’s commonly used in a California Roll. You can use real crab, shrimp, salmon, tuna or even chicken.
Keto Sushi Bake
- 1 Lbs. Imitation Crab Meat Can Also Use Crab or Any Seafood of Choice.
- 1/4 Cup Kewpie Mayo
- 1/2 Cup Cream Cheese Softened.
- 1 Tbsp Black Sesame Seeds
- 1 Large Egg
- Sriracha To Taste.
- 2 Packages Frozen Cauliflower Rice 680 Grams Total.
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Dashi Miso Paste Optional.
- 1/4 Cup Kewpie Mayo
- 1/4 Cup Furikake
- 1/4 Cup Rice Vinegar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tsp Keto Friendly Sweetener Stevia, Erythritol etc.
- 1 Tbsp Mayo To Taste.
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha To Taste.
- 1/4 Cup Pineapple Optional.
- 1/4 Cup Green Onion Diced, to Serve.
- 1/4 Cup Cucumber Diced, to Serve.
- 1 Avocado Diced, to Serve.
- 4 Packages Korean Roasted Seaweed Laver Snacks
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Thaw cauliflower rice in the microwave according to the package directions (about 3-5 minutes). Set aside and allow to cool.
- While the cauliflower rice is cooling, prepare the filling.
- Run the imitation crab meat through a food processor or chop up
- In a large bowl, combine the imitation crab meat with the mayo, cream cheese, black sesame seeds, sriracha (to taste) and egg.
- Spread the filling mixture into the bottom of a 9x9 baking dish.
- When the cauliflower rice has cooled, use a kitchen towel and squeeze out as much moisture as you can.
- Heat 1 tbsp of sesame oil in a large pan on medium heat.
- Lightly sauté the cauliflower rice with dashi miso paste (optional) to cook out any excess moisture. Stir constantly to make sure that the cauliflower doesn't brown. About 5 minutes. Adjust salt if needed.
- Stir in mayo, furikake, egg, rice vinegar and sweetener to the cauliflower rice.
- Spread the cauliflower rice mixture of the filling in the 9x9 pan. Top with kewpie mayo, sriracha and pineapple chunks if using.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes until heated through.
- To serve, top with chopped cucumber, green onion and avocado.
- Serve with roasted seaweed snack.
- 389 Calories
- 14.8g Carbohydrates
- 5.1g Fiber
- 28.7g Fat
- 15.4g Protein
- 378 Calories
- 12.9g Carbohydrates
- 5g Fiber
- 28.6g Fat
- 14.8g Protein