This Keto Garlic Beet Salad is the perfect side dish to almost any meal! It’s easy to make and keeps in the fridge, making it perfect for leftovers. This recipe is a staple in almost any Slavic household. It is packed full with nutrients and is low in carbs. Originally in our household, we always made this salad for special occasions. However, it has recently become a year-round staple. We love this salad especially for summer because it is refreshing and makes a great low carb swap for potato or pasta salad.
Beets are a superfood and are an excellent source of nutrients! They are low in calories, help to fight inflammation, and can even regulate your blood pressure. While beets are naturally high in sugar, they can be consumed on a keto diet within moderation. This beet salad is only 4.3g of net carbs per serving. It is very delicious and good for you! You don’t want to miss out on having beets while on a low carb diet.
This recipe is so simple, the only thing that you need is a fine cheese grater!
Step 1: Boil the beets until fork tender; about 35 minutes.
Step 2: Allow beets to cool, remove skin and grate into small pieces.
Step 3: Combine grated beets with mayonnaise, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
Step 4: Serve and enjoy!
Garlic Beet Salad
- 500 Grams Beets About 2-3 Large Beets.
- 3 Large Dill Pickles Finley Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced, To Taste.
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise See Note.
- Salt To Taste.
- Pepper To taste.
- Boil or steam the beets until fork tender; about 35 mintes.
- Allow the beets to cool and remove skin.
- Finley grate the beets and combine with mayonnaise, garlic, pickles, salt and pepper.
- Serve immediatley or store in the fridge for 4-5 days.
- 168 Calories
- 6.1g Carbohydrates
- 1.8g Fiber
- 15.6g Fat
- 0.9g Protein